Question: Name the various authorities or people who work on a construction site?
- Senior Engineer or Project Manager
- Site Engineer
- Mason or Labor
Question: What is the least cover offered by different RCC members?
- Footing- 50mm
- Column- 40mm
- Beam- 25mm
- Slab- 20mm
Question: What is the column in a building does?
- The column is a vertical part in a building whose main function is to support the structural load and transfer it through the beams. Upper columns propagate load to the lower columns and finally to the ground through footings.
Question: What is the cement, sand and aggregate ratios for the various concrete mix?
Question: What is honeycomb in concrete?
- Honeycomb or the air pocket in the air voids in a concrete. IT is formed during casting the concrete.
Question: Does water damage the concrete?
- Plain concrete is not affected or damaged by water but the reinforced can be damaged with water because the water might seep into the concrete and corrode away the steel reinforcement inside.
Question: What is the initial and final setting time of ideal cement mix?
- Initial setting time is about 30 minutes for almost all kind of cement. For masonry cement, it can be about 90 minutes. Final setting time must be at max 10hours. For masonry cement, it must not be more than 24 hours.
Question: What are the common methods of curing the concrete?
- Wet covering of surface
- Applying curing chemicals
- Stream Curing
Question: What is the formula of steel?
- The weight of steel in kg can be calculated by the formula (D2*L)/162; where D is the Diameter of steel bar in mm and L is the total length of steel bar in the meter.
Question: What is ‘TMT’?
- TMT is an acronym for “Thermo Mechanically Treated”. The TMT bars and sheet for construction purposes have high strength and high corrosion resistance in comparison to normal steels.