Bandra Worli Sea Link
- 37,680kms of Steel wires.
- 5,75,000 tones of concrete.
- 6,000 hands.
- High performance concrete (Grade M60 with Micro Silica Slurry) to enhance durability.
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy Coated Reinforcement As Anti-Corrosive Treatment.
- Per-Cast Technology Ensures Quality Production of Segments.
- India’s first bridge to be constructed in open sea conditions.
- 7km, twin, 4-lane independent carriageway bridge across the open sea.
- 16- lane toll plaza with 20-m wide promenade together with state-of-the-art traffic monitoring, surveillance, information & control systems.
- Osterberg cell technology used for the first time in India to check pile strength (for up to 6600MT).
- Use of politron Disc in bearings on piles for the first time in India.
- Estimated savings in fuel & vehicle operating cost (Voc): Rs.100crores per annum (1999yr.Base).
- Considerable savings in travel time (20-30 minute). Due to increased speed & reduced delays (23 signals avoided).
- Stress free driving.
- Reduced accidents & Noise pollution.
- Reduction in carbon monoxide & nitrogen oxide levels.
- Distance- 4.70km
- Traffic Signals- 4
- Morning Peak Hour Travel- 6minutes
- Evening Peak Hour Travel- 6minutes
- Average Journey Speed- 80kmph