Steel is also known as cast iron. It is a type of steel that is easily mould and ductile. Steel also main structural material and used as connection, link and base plate.
Type of Steel
- Mild Steel
- High Tensile Steel
- Cast Iron
- Pig Iron
- Wrought Iron
- Material normally used in steel work construction.
- Properties of mild steel:
- Tensile stress strength
- Corrosion Resistance
- Fire Resistant
High Tensile Steel
- Has high yield tensile strength.
- Usually used:
- In pre-stressed concrete work.
- Cable for suspension bridge and high tensile bolts.
Suitable to be used to build structures that have a low tensile stress and dynamic loads Used in:
- Cylinder head
- Stamping tool eye
- It should not be used for engineering purposes because it is key ingredients for making cast iron, wrought iron and steel.
- Steel splinters and fragments of iron needed for:
- Basic materials for making wrought iron, cast iron and steel.
- Perusion to be indigo blue, and blue prints.
- Electromegnet iron cores for the telephone and motor systems.
Welded wrought iron because of the simple pleasures of a career high: It is used as an ornamental iron work, making pies, sheet metal and stainless wagons because of its corrosion resistance.
Advantage of Steel
- Available in various shapes.
- Has high tensile strength and experiences long duration of plastic properties.
Disadvantages of Steel
- Easily corrode when exposed to atmosphere.
- Weak at high temperature.